The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment - Tony Robbins
Periwinkle Global, a campaign of No Stomach For Cancer, is our response to the ongoing and critical need to bring stomach cancer to the forefront of the cancer battle. The international campaign calls for increases in collaboration and advocacy by individuals, cancer organizations, research institutions, medical professionals, companies, and philanthropists to take part in stomach cancer awareness and research funding around the globe.
Stomach cancer is a worldwide public health crisis and a silent killer. It is one of the deadliest cancers and the second leading cause of cancer death worldwide. Awareness of the disease is shockingly low. Thus far, stomach cancer has received little media attention or research funding.
Our efforts to increase stomach cancer awareness through a successful 2010 Senate resolution introducing November as Stomach Cancer Awareness Month® in the US, and subsequent outreach and fundraising initiatives such as the No Stomach For Cancer Walk, have certainly made a difference. We are proud of these successes, but we recognize the urgency of moving progress forward at an accelerated pace.
No Stomach For Cancer's (NSFC) organizational mission is to support research and unite the caring power of people worldwide affected by stomach cancer.
We believe that collaboration and partnership will move us toward success and actively seek opportunities to develop collaborative relationships to advance the mission in the fight against stomach cancer.
Here is what you can do today to make a positive impact in the fight against stomach cancer.
- Join the Global Gastric Cancer Registry and share your patient or caregiver experience to help accelerate medical research and improve treatments.
- Participate in a Clinical Trial.
- Join our Facebook Community. Indicate your areas of interest through your personal profile. Share this web page. Unite with our global community, and connect with other members who are affected by this disease or have an interest in stomach cancer (patients, family, friends, medical professionals, researchers, etc.) This is the first step.
- View the Stomach Cancer Statistics graphic for a quick overview of the state of stomach cancer in the world and share this information with your friends, family, and co-workers.
- Visit our Get Involved page to find ways that you can become engaged today.
- Sign up for our email news and stay informed of NSFC activities, opportunities, and more about NSFC’s Periwinkle Global campaign.