Welcome to our first No Stomach For Cancer, Inc. (NSFC) e-newsletter. We’re glad to have you here with us! We’ve been quiet but not because we haven’t been busy. Since officially organizing as NSFC in September 2009, we have made strides in advancing stomach cancer awareness, education and support for families affected by stomach cancer worldwide. Take a look at some highlights of our recent activities.
- NSFC developed a Scientific Advisory Board comprised of top researchers and gastric cancer specialists from the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Portugal. These highly accomplished professionals will provide expert and comprehensive perspectives as well as guidance to NSFC with regard to technical, medical, and research related topics.
- NSFC initiatives resulted in establishing the month of November 2010 as the first national Stomach Cancer Awareness Month in the US. We are currently working to renew this annual designation and organize awareness events and activities.
- NSFC facilitated and participated in several educational programs presented to members of the medical community and the general public.
- From Alaska to Washington DC, Boston to North Carolina and across the pond to the UK, members of our community have held fundraising events to advance our mission and raise awareness.
- Through our website and Facebook we continue to reach and meet new families affected by stomach cancer every day. You can follow us on Twitter now too! We are making a difference. See what people are saying about us.
Our Board of Directors will be holding an extended strategic planning meeting in August 2011 to develop plans for advancing our mission and moving NSFC forward. We are very excited and look forward to sharing our plans with you.
We love hearing from you, so please continue to send comments and suggestions. Let us know what you like and how we can better serve you.
We appreciate your continued interest and support!