We are happy to announce our Spring 2019 Spotlight on Stomach Cancer on June 1st at the University of Chicago Medicine in Chicago Illinois Knapp Center for Biomedical Discovery. The Spotlight on Stomach Cancer is an excellent opportunity for those in the stomach cancer community, the medical community, and the general public to come together to learn more about stomach cancer and connect with others impacted by this disease.
This FREE event is open to the general public, patients, and caregivers. The event begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at approx. 2:00 p.m. with a reception and live music at the Quad Club Lounge featuring Chris Trapper at 5:30.
Thank you to our Silver Sponsors and
If you are unable to attend, but still would like to support this important event, please consider donating to help fund future events. No matter how small the contribution, every dollar matters, and allows us to continue our mission. You can give here.
- What are the Inherited Stomach Cancer Syndromes?
- What is Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer?
- Does Endoscopy work in screening for HDGC?
- Genetic Testing for Hereditary Stomach Cancer, Direct-to-Consumer testing, and False Positives.
- Prophylactic Gastrectomy. What are your options?
- Nutritional Considerations after Prophylactic Gastrectomy.
- A Pathologist's Perspective on HDGC.
- Your Risks and Screening for Lobular Breast Cancer.
- Management of Incidental (Variants of Unknown Significance) for CDH1 Mutation Carriers.
You can view and download the full program here.
Here are some options for Hotel accommodations that are a short drive away. Because of the Annual ASCO Meeting, which takes place during the week of our Symposium, the Hotels within the Chicago city limits increase their rates and are at or near capacity.