Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus cooling time
Serves: 4 as a dessert or snack
- One 3-ounce package of Jell-O gelatin (any flavor).
- ⅓ cup dried (powdered) egg whites.* (do not substitute liquid egg whites in this recipe)
- Prepare Jell-O according to package directions.
- Add ⅓ cup dried (powdered) egg whites* to warm gelatin mixture.
- Stir mixture gently for 2 minutes, until egg whites are completely dissolved.
Place gelatin mixture into the refrigerator to gel (solidify).
* Just Whites is one brand of powdered egg whites. Look for powdered egg whites in the baking supply area of the grocery store or order online.
Per serving: 115 calories; 8.8 grams of protein; 20 grams of carbohydrates; 0 grams of fat; 0 grams of fiber; 853 milligrams of sodium*; 399 milligrams of potassium.