Discover Things You Can Do In Our Community
Join the No Stomach For Cancer Community!
Becoming engaged is the first step in helping yourself, helping others, and making a difference in the fight against stomach cancer. Here are some things you can do to get started.
• Complete your profile, and keeping within your comfort level, tell us about yourself and your interests.
• Connect with others individually, as part of a group, and with the community as a whole.
• Join groups that are of interest to you.
• Share with others and be supportive of one another.
• Collaborate on projects – awareness activities, organizing a walk or event, etc.
Together we will grow our community … uniting the caring power of people worldwide affected by stomach cancer… coming together to make a difference in the lives of others and in the fight against stomach cancer.
We encourage you to Tell us how we’re doing.
The following is a brief overview of some things you can do to get started in the community. If you haven’t already done so, please review the Community Guidelines.
Update your Account Profile
We require some basic information to establish your account, however only your user name will be visible to other community members. What you choose to share is one of the ways others in the community can find you. See Find Others Just Like You below. You may choose to:
• add more personal information about yourself, including your photo.
• share your story about your relationship with stomach cancer.
• identify what matters to you and what you are interested in doing with our community.
Review and set your preferences to:
• control your desired level of privacy within the community.
• customize your notification and activity log settings.
Find Others Just Like You
Search for other community members based upon information shared in their profiles, including:
• city, state, or zip
• stomach cancer profile fields
• areas of interest
Browse all users, or see only those users that are presently online.
You can always communicate with anyone in the community. Friends come into play especially when you are adjusting your privacy settings where you may choose to share more with your friends than you would with the entire community.
Join or Start a Group
Join an established NSFC Community Group to participate in discussions relevant to the group.
Start a private group and invite friends to join. Members who are not friends may be invited to join your group.
Invite Friends to Join the Community
Invite others to join our community – with a quick email invitation directing them to our community.
Initiate a conversation with one user, or start a group conversion with multiple users in the community. Add others into a conversation at any point in time. Conversations are great for collaborative projects. File attachments can uploaded for use in the conversation.