Sweet Potato Power
Try this simple recipe for a high-calorie, easy-to-digest sweet potato dish. You can eat as much as you like and refrigerate any unused portion for later. Leftovers can be eaten cold or warm, whichever you prefer.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 10 to 15 minutes. Two Servings.
- 1 medium-size sweet potato
- 1½ cups apricot nectar (juice)
- 4 ounces soft or silken tofu (about 1/3 to ½ package of tofu)*
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (or to taste)
- Peel and then cut sweet potato into ½-inch pieces.
- Steam sweet potato pieces for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, until soft.
- Carefully remove steamed sweet potato pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add apricot nectar, tofu, and maple syrup or honey to sweet potatoes.
- Blend ingredients together until they are well mixed and have an even, smooth consistency.
- Serve warm.
* For tofu, try a brand that does not need to be refrigerated until opened. You can find these brands on the shelf, in the nonrefrigerated health food or ethnic food section of your grocery store. Refrigerate any leftover portion of tofu.
Per serving: 250 calories; 54 grams of carbohydrates; 4.5 grams of protein; 1.8 grams of fat; 3.1 grams of fiber; 31 milligrams of sodium628 milligrams of potassium***