November is Stomach Cancer Awareness Month®
No Stomach For Cancer is actively involved in raising awareness and providing information about stomach cancer. In 2010 we successfully championed the first ever senate resolution designating November as Stomach Cancer Awareness Month. Stomach cancer organizations worldwide have come to recognize November, a month known for the pleasure of eating, as the ideal month to raise awareness about this deadly disease. The second leading cause of cancer death worldwide, almost one million people are diagnosed each year, and of these, approximately 800,000 will lose their lives.
November is Stomach Cancer Awareness Month however raising awareness about stomach cancer is important all year!
Help Raise Awareness about Stomach Cancer
There are many ways to raise stomach cancer awareness. From individual acts like wearing a t-shirt or wristband, to printing and displaying flyers, to hosting an event – there are ways to spread the word and educate others no matter how much time you have. Use some of the ideas and materials we have assembled or create your own. Many items listed have corresponding “tools” available in the toolbox section in the sidebar at right.
- Wear and give NSFC Wristbands
- Wear and give NSFC T-Shirts
- Display and give NSFC Stomach Cancer Awareness Month Refrigerator Magnets – start your own Refrigerator Campaign
- Become active on the NSFC facebook page and on our NSFC forum
- Like and share the NSFC Stomach Cancer Awareness Month facebook page
- Download this official Stomach Cancer Awareness Month badge and display it on your facebook page
- Engage in conversation on the NSFC blog
- Raise awareness about stomach cancer and NSFC on your own facebook page
- Ask your local radio station to play the Cancer Awareness PSA during the month of November
Become an Ambassador for Stomach Cancer Awareness!
Educate and raise awareness by sharing NSFC Awareness Cards with people you encounter, including those in your medical community. Order your supply of these four-sided folded cards on our website today.
Choose a flyer to download, print, display or distribute, or download them all! Flyers are US letter size, ready to print on plain paper, card stock, or use glossy paper to really make them shine! Click – Print – Display – Done!
- Gastric Cancer Risk and Prevention flyer
- Awareness Poster (for November)
- Awareness Poster (for use in any month)
- Combine Awareness and fund raising goals and host an event
Display them in an acrylic sign holder…
- at the check-in desk in the medical clinic
- on the magazine table in the waiting room
- at the reception desk in your workplace
- at the hairdresser, nail salon or spa
- on your own desk
- at your fundraising event
Hang them on a wall or bulletin board…
- at your local coffee shop
- at your athletic club
- in the office break room
- at school
- at your local library
- in your apartment or condo clubhouse
- at your place of worship