No Stomach For Cancer would like to let you know about a research study that may be of interest to you. The study, “Clinical Outcomes and Quality of Life in CDH1 mutation carriers after Prophylactic Total Gastrectomy (PTG),” was recently approved by the BC Cancer Agency Research Ethics Board.
The inclusion criteria for selecting subjects for this study consist of the following:
- Individual is at least 18 years of age, regardless of gender and ethnicity.
- Individual who has tested positive for CDH1 gene mutation, regardless of timeframe.
- Individual has not been diagnosed with gastric cancer prior to surgery.
- Individual has undergone PTG (time span does not matter) OR is planning on having a PTG within the next year.
- Individual is able to read, write and understand English.
Participation is open to residents of any country who meet the above criteria.
Review the study Information Sheet for more details.
Interested parties may inquire through your genetic counselor, or contact Pardeep Kaurah directly via phone, email or regular mail as follows:
Pardeep Kaurah, MSc., CCGC
Research Genetic Counsellor
Hereditary Cancer Program
BC Cancer Agency
614 750 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1H5
Telephone: 604-877-6000 x2169