Cinnamon Peach Smoothie
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Serves one.
- 1 cup diced peaches (fresh, frozen or canned)
- ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- ½ cup any liquid (milk, soy milk, rice milk, Boost, Ensure, Boost Plus, or Ensure Plus, or a generic version of one of these products); use more than ½ cup if needed to blend
1 tablespoon honey
- Cinnamon to taste (1/8 teaspoon is a good place to start)
- Clean, peel, and prepare the fruit and place in the blender.
- Add liquid ingredients to blender.
- Blend all of the ingredients together to your desired consistency.
- Add additional liquid to the blender if needed to thin out consistency for better blending. Depending on the strength of your blender, you may need more or less liquid to make the mixture blend.
**In any smoothie recipe, you can use whichever liquid that you like. Examples of liquids that work well for making smoothies include soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, oat milk, or regular nonfat milk. You can use a liquid nutritional supplement, such as Boost® or Ensure® as well. To maximize the calories and protein in any smoothie or shake, try using Boost Plus®, Ensure Plus®, or a generic version of one of these products as your liquid.
If you can’t finish the whole smoothie at once, you can store the unused portion in the refrigerator or freezer. You can re-blend the smoothie later that same day by adding a little more liquid. Do not store any unused portion of the smoothie in the refrigerator for more than one day.
Per serving*: 390 calories; 68 grams of carbohydrates; 15 grams of protein; 6.5 grams of fat; 2.5 grams of fiber; 215 milligrams of sodium; 866 milligrams of potassium
* Made with Boost Plus, Ensure Plus, or a generic version of one of these products. Calories and protein will be somewhat lower if made with milk, soy milk, rice milk, or another liquid.